3.04.2009

short trip, long trip home

Well, I headed to San Francisco for the weekend.  This was to be a relatively uneventful trip -- of course, it was a bit more of an adventure.  

Fortunately, the weekend itself was lovely.  Friday was quiet, and I took a trip into San Francisco to meet up with my cousin Amanda & her friend Brittney.  They're both studying abroad this next semester, and it makes me so happy.  I so loved my time abroad, and it's such a chance to branch out, travel, and really come into ones own.  It changed me so much, and now, I just can't wait to go back.  Of course, that has to wait.

cousins!

But this time, I headed back to Eric and Lisa's and had a quiet night.  We knew that another 8 people were showing up that night (ok, 3 a.m.) so we relished the calm.  

The session was the next day, and it was... amazing.  Probably one of the best we've ever had.  Engaging, funny, dark, plot-focused... It managed to completely take my breath away, and I was so glad I went.  More on exactly why later, though, because we must focus on the road home. 

My flight was cancelled due to thundersnow in DC, and the first flight out that I could get on was at 7pm.  Fortunately, I was rescued by Lisa, who fed me and we chatted non stop for 5 hours.  From there, I present my trip in photographic form.  


map & knife

shoe-computer shine

night-dino

the view

people are waking up!

open sesame

YES.

I think that pretty much sums it up.   I have never been happier to see mini-bagels in my life.  

More on the session itself later. 

No comments: