7.04.2009

365 - navy yard

Oh, gosh, I've been dreadfully remiss in this blog, and I realized that I rather like having a chronicling of what's happened in my life, so I'm beginning anew. I'm making myself post a photo a day, which even without its context, will tell me more about the day -- though, knowing my verbose nature, I won't be able to resist waxing poetic.

At any rate, here's number one. I know, I'm starting in July (not January, which I suppose is "traditional" for these types of things, but I went to Artomatic and I was inspired. So there you go.



This is the Navy Yard station, since we went to a Nationals game today -- my first of the season, which is pretty depressing, considering I vowed that I would go frequently. I suppose you'll have that.

We had, however, a lovely time, and it's that perfect summer weather -- before the humidity comes in full force -- where it's pleasantly warm, and stays warm into the night. 77° tonight, with a slight breeze, and it was perfection. Add Ben's Chili Bowl half-smoke to that, and it's pure heaven.

From there, it was off to Artomatic, which is kind of like Festival of the Arts in that it's 9 floors of art installations and art for sale, and even a tattoo parlour! (the officially website adds: "nine floors of visual and installation art, theater performances, dance and comedy, three music stages, street performances such as fire dancing and drum troupes, and a film screening theater " ... yep) It was fabulous. We probably spent 3 hours there, and I only made it to the 6th floor, and this was after all the shows had finished!

At any rate, a bully start to the 4th of July weekend, even if I don't do anything for the rest of the time. Lovely.

Now... to bed!

No comments: